Does your child have aspirations of being a service dog trainer? Or have a passion for philanthropy and giving back to their community? They could be the perfect candidate for one of our Children’s Workshops!
Throughout the year we offer 1-day and week-long workshops where children are partnered with a service dog in training and learn about:
- Reading dog body language
- Grooming and wellness
- Dog behavior and psychology
- Positive reinforcement dog training
- The role of service dogs in the community
- Disability awareness and inclusion
- And much more!
Details and Pricing:
- Ages 11-14
- Sessions run from 9am-3pm
- Located at our training facility in Narberth
- Week-Long: $525 per child (includes a Paws and Affection t-shirt and pizza lunch on Friday)
- 1-Day: $175 per child (includes a Paws and Affection t-shirt, no lunch provided)
“[Our daughter] loved the camp and we are so grateful that you made the necessary changes and went ahead with the program during this crazy time. During this summer especially it was nice to give [her] something to look forward to. She has been doing ‘touch’ tricks with [our dog] almost every day since the camp began. Today we visited some family and she was explaining what service dogs can do and everyone was amazed.”
~ Cathy H.
“I’ve never seen [my daughter] come home so excited about a day at a camp.”
~ Shawna L.
“[My daughter] had a wonderful time making new friends and learning! It was the best part of her summer!”
~ Shira W.
“[My daughter] had a great week! She was enthusiastic to go every morning and was more and more confident each night coming home. She was excited to show us tricks using our dogs. One night she demonstrated training a dog to offer support for going up and down stairs one step at a time. You clearly created a safe and growth inspiring experience for her.”
~ Amy B.
- Kids and adults who are fully vaccinated (meaning 2 weeks post second shot) do not have to wear a mask. In order to safely implement this, we will need a copy of your child’s vaccination card sent in with your paperwork.
- Until we have that card, a mask will be required for your child.
Anyone can wear a mask at any time without question.
Kids and adults who are less than two weeks post second shot, or have no shots at all, need to always wear a mask indoors. This population also needs to wear a mask outdoors if less than 6 feet from another individual.
Lunch will be outside (weather permitting) and kids do not have to wear masks while eating.
Summer 2021 week-long Workshops
(The curriculum for all Service Dogs 101 Sessions is identical, so please only choose one week)
(Each day of the workshop is from 9am-3pm)
June 21st – 25th – FULL
July 12th – 16th – FULL
August 2nd – 6th – FULL
If the week you would like is full, feel free to contact us and we can place you on a wait list in the event there is a cancellation.
There are 9 spots available per workshop.
2021-2022 school year 1-Day Workshops
To be announced
We are hopeful we can host one day workshops in the fall when the COVID restrictions have been lifted.
*Priority is given to children who have not taken our workshop in the past. However, if your child has attended a workshop before and is still interested in returning, please email us at email@example.com and we will make accommodations when possible.