Exercise Coordinator Position
Paws and Affection is looking for an Exercise Coordinator Monday – Friday from 10am – 1pm to exercise our team of dogs-in-training both on site and at their foster homes.
Providing our dogs the physical and mental stimulation they need is a very important role in our organization.
- Offer dogs one-on-one exercise in the yard through play (e.g., fetch, tug, etc.).
- Facilitate dog-dog play between 2-4 dogs.
- Leash walk dogs at a pace that gets their heart rate up while positively reinforcing them for walking politely on a loose leash.
- Visit dogs at foster homes and offer one-on-one playtime and/or walks.
- Provide maintenance training with each dog as needed (e.g., reinforcing waiting at doorways, loose leash walking, polite sitting, ignoring other dogs and people, etc.).
- Experience walking dogs; experience training loose leash walking preferred.
- Experience managing inter-dog play.
- Able to be physically active for 2-3 hours.
- Experience with positive reinforcement dog training or an interest in learning.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle in which you can safely transport dogs during shift.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.